If you are looking for a high performance running shoe this year, then the Nike Free Run 2 is one sneaker that you need to have on your list. This is going to be one of the most popular running shoes for 2011, as it is as close to perfection as one can get. This shoe has all of the features that make it one of the best on the market today. It is lightweight, comfortable, flexible, supportive and stylish. If you get this sneaker, you are not going to regret it, I can guarantee it.
The Nike Free Run+ 2 Review
When it comes to athletic sneakers, you already know that Nike has a very good reputation for making high quality footwear. The Nike Free Run+ 2 continues in the footwear makers tradition and …….There is really so much to say about the shoe, but a few words to sum up the sneaker are “AWESOME”, AMAZING”, “SUPERB” and “OUTSTANDING”. These shoes are all of that plus a bag of chips. I am not heavily into running shoes, but the way these Free Run’s fit on my feet, I can certainly say that I have never experienced nothing like them in my life.
tudies suggest that barefoot runners develop stronger feet. Natural motion builds strength, and strength means speed. NikeFree is all about speed. But first you’ll need to build your muscles, because NikeFree takes some getting used to. Deep cuts in the outsole mean your feet flex and move the way they would if you were barefoot.
The Nike Free Run 2 has many different features and characteristics. The good thing is that they all blend seamlessly together to deliver a sneaker that is lightweight, comfortable, flexible, supportive and best of all stylish.
If you want a really lightweight sneaker, then the Nike Free Run 2’s are some of the lightest available. The shoe weighs 9 oz and sometimes it feels as if you are wearing nothing at all. Nike’s use of a Phylite midsole will ensure that the sneaker not only is able to handle ……
The cushioning of the shoe makes it really comfortable to run in. The cushioning will allow the foot to have a nice ride, without reducing the general barefoot feel of the shoe. The comfort of the shoe is enhanced even more as the midsole and the outsole are fused together with Phylite material. What you have is a one piece design that is kind of like sock. This is able to take the shape of the foot, which results in a supportive and comfortable fit.
I absolutely love the flexibility that the shoe is able to deliver. The foot is certainly not restricted and you will be able to move the foot naturally as if you had no shoes on at all. This is possible due to the flex grooves that can be found along the outsole. The heel features a “center of pressure” design that provides additional cushioning on contact, maximizing overall flexibility.
Designed to keep the foot in place without restricting movement, the Nike Free Run+ 2 features bonded overlays for excellent support. Lightweight and flexible, these thin strips are attached to the mesh upper for a streamlined fit. The inner sleeve provides a snug feel, yet it’s dynamic enough to move with the natural motion of the foot.
What pushes this shoe over the top for many people is the funky and eye catching design. Nike shoes always look good on the feet and these Free’s are no different. The modern look is very sleek and sophisticated and they really enhance whatever outfit you are wearing. There are so many fashionable colorways available, it is actually kind of hard to choose just one. There are actually people who have bought a pair and loved the colors so much, that they decided that they needed another one in a different style. The shoe really stands out and I am sure you will be getting a lot of compliments if you get a pair.
My final analysis is that the Nike Free Run+ 2 is a really amazing shoe. The design is certainly top-notch and I am glad that Nike spent 8 years researching barefoot running. Putting on these shoes gives your feet such a liberating feeling, not only because they are lightweight and comfortable, but because of the way the shoe is able to simulate like you are walking/running barefoot. All of the features really work together and the end result is a shoe that you definitely need to own. If you are running, walking or just want a sneaker for casual wear, the Nike Free Run 2 is certainly the one to have.
Inner sleeve for a snug fit and enhanced breathability
Bonded synthetic overlays for super-strong, flexible support
Fused Phylite midsole and outsole for an ultra-lightweight, resilient ride
Deep flex grooves along the outsole for natural range of motion and flexibility
Feature Overview of the Nike Free Run 2
Here is an overview of some of the features that can be found on the Nike Free Run 2.
- An ideal running shoe for a wide range of runners. It provides the strengthening and natural gait management benefits associated with barefoot training, while offering the necessary cushioning, traction and underfoot protection.
- Combination mesh and supportive synthetic leather uppers are both lightweight, yet hardy. An innovative design bonds narrow strips of the two materials together in key support areas, increasing durability and eliminating excess material.
- Asymmetrical lacing minimizes pressure over the top of the foot for increased comfort.
- Lightly padded tongue and collar for added comfort and support.
- Innersleeve envelops the entire foot, offering a glove-like fit.
- Molded insole offers great step-in feel, heightened comfort and support.
- Phylite midsole is highly resilient and durable enough to double as an outsole, drastically reducing the overall weight.
- Ultra-high resolution siping pattern promotes an exceptionally smooth, naturally neutral ride.
- Center-of-pressure heel construction delivers cushion upon impact without affecting flexibility or transition.
- Abrasion resistant BRS 1,000 carbon rubber for heightened durability in high-wear areas.
- Waffle pistons on the outsole work in conjunction with the Phylite midsole by absorbing impacting shock, yet being resilient enough to then return to their original shape.
- Strategically placed segments of solid rubber enhance traction in high-wear areas.
What Others Are Saying About the Nike Free Run 2!
I am sure I provided a good overview into the general performance, look and feel of the Nike Free Run 2. For those of you who may need a bit more convincing, then you should also take what other owners are saying about this shoe. This shoe is getting nothing but high ratings from people who have worn and run in the shoe. Reviewers on Zappos.com give it 5/5 stars. Reviewers on Nike.com also give it 4.65/5.
Here are what a few of the reviewers have to say:
- D3Daddy– “A former Air Max fan but I have recently changed my stripes and have become a Free Fan. These are comfortable, light, great for running and or gym training”
- Benp – “Right out of the box , no break in time needed, they were super comfy and man do they look cool I love these shoes!”
- Sbarneby – “I love running in these shoes; they are light weight and flexible so I don’t feel any resistnce to how my foot wants to move during each stride.”
- Tabia Y – “These shoes are probably the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever purchased. They are good for running and long walks. I have flat feet so I can feel the arch support.”
- Hcarroll23 – “This shoe is one of the best training shoes on the market. It is extremely lightweight, very durable, and also very comfortable. Honestly, this shoe has made me excited to go for a run.”